Monday, August 1, 2011

Gina's Mock Cars volume 1





Here's a list of a few cars I can't handle seeing before my eyes...

Daewoo Cielo
It's no secret that I hate all automotive Daewoo products and this is the car that began it all in South Africa. Based on the much loved Opel T-Car Kadett of the 80s it made do with an underpowered 1.5 litre engine and possibly the ugliest steering wheel ever. I've actually had fantasies of putting these automotive embarrassments in car crushers. I don't even think the flagship model had a tachometer (rev counter). On the plus side you could do your laundry in the boot and the glove compartment doubled as a microwave oven.


Kia Pride
Kia entered the South African market with the Pride and the Sportage, both as mock as can be but I guess that's what the Koreans were all about in the 90s. The Pride was a blatant rip off of a former Mazda 121, which itself wasn't exactly an image builder. I'm blessed to not know anyone who's owned these tacky hatchbacks (not counting an uncle of mine's neighbour who I don't want to know anyway).

Cadillac Cimarron
The most unloved Cadillac of all time, basically a Chevrolet Cavalier, which itself never exactly won any car of the year awards, with a few Cadillac goodies glued on. Google it and lol...

Mercedes-Benz R Class
Myself and probably the rest of the population were like wtf when Mercedes-Benz unleashed this almost cartoonish looking thing upon us. It's super spacious, luxurious and relatively fast but it's still as ugly as a Pontiac Aztek. Okay I take that back; nothing's as ugly as a Pontiac Aztek. A mid-life facelift remedied the situation somewhat but too little too late I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment